Sunday, 28 April 2013

Review: Tegan and Sara- Heartthrob


This is officially my new sunshine album!



I had heard of Tegan and Sara before, but for some reason I can’t explain I thought they were associated with the Disney channel? If anyone can explain to me why I was under this impression please leave a comment below! However, my first actual experience of them was on The Graham Norton Show performing ‘Closer’. I absolutely loved it! I do quite like pop music but it’s not my go-to for listening. However, this single really appealed to me. It is upbeat, catchy and I loved the chorus. It perfectly captures that feeling you get when you meet someone you like and relish every moment that you can see them. I felt myself reliving the butterflies in the stomach excitement of just looking forward to the next time you can see them and get closer. Just the one listen was enough to make me want to hear more. However, I was aware there is always the chance of it just being a one-hit wonder. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of loving a song, checking out more of the band and then being disappointed that it doesn't live up to your expectations. Luckily, I was not disappointed by the rest of the album. In my opinion, it’s one of those albums where every song ends up being your favourite at one point or another. First it was Closer, then I Was A Fool, moving to I’m Not Your Hero, and currently standing at Love They Say. The whole album just is jam-packed full of catchy, really enjoyable tunes. With the sun starting to pop out (grand total of 5 days of heat so far, woo!) it just absolutely fitted the music. I can already see myself sitting in the sunshine, glass of Pimms in hand and this album playing in the background.

I would thoroughly recommend you all give this a listen! I’m aware it’s very different from their older stuff- are any of you long-time fans? If so, how do you feel about this new direction? I have every intention of youtubing their older stuff so can’t give an opinion just yet. Also, what are your must have summer albums? I am always open to music recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment