Friday, 31 May 2013

Finally Over!

That glorious day has finally arrived...I have finished my exams! I feel like that giraffe from Lion King (you know the one)


Blinking step into the sunnnnnn!

In my case I literally did step into the sun blinking as it is an absolutely gorgeous day today. I feel like the weather is celebrating with me! Everyone's coming over to the house tonight and we're all having a few drinks to celebrate the long haul being over. But that is not to say I shall be just spending my days lolling around the place, oh no! For I have sat myself a challenge of most epic proportions. Well....of proportions that much is certain. For I present to you now, my Summer Reading Challenge! (you can tell it's important because it's capitalised...)

  1. Alias Grace - Margaret Atwood
  2. Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
  3. Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austen
  4. The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern
  5. The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
  6. The Enchantress of Florence - Salman Rushdie
  7. Stone Gods - Jeanette Winterson
  8. Daughter of the Empire - Raymond E. Feist
  9. The Song of Achilles - Madeline Miller
  10. Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor
  11. 1984 - George Orwell
  12. The Snow Child - Eowyn Ivey
  13. Wind Up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami
  14. Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman
  15. Beloved - Toni Morrison

The list is a mix of things that can roughly be split into three categories: classic books that I really should have got round to reading, more modern books that are supposed to be brilliant, and then fun ones that I've been meaning to read for ever. I have calculated that there are seventeen weeks between the first of June and the first of October, which gives me just over a week for each book. Factor in the fact that I expect I shall have to do some dissertation reading in between that and I have my challenge! I'm really excited for this as I feel like it has been so long since I've really been able to just read a book for fun. I shall review each book as I go along so you guys will all know if I fail the challenge! Leave a comment below if any of you are planning reading challenges as well, I'd love to hear what books you have on yours! For now, I shall leave you as there is a nice, chilled glass of wine waiting for me downstairs, and I have the terribly difficult job of choosing which book to start with!


No comments:

Post a Comment