Thursday, 20 November 2014

First Ever OOTD

I've never done an outfit of the day before and I thought this was suitably cute to start with!


I don't take a lot of full body pictures so hopefully as I do more of these I will learn how to pose and where to actually look on my camera. But how cute is this outfit? The top is actually a leotard and it's from boohoo's plus size range. I actually bought it because SprinkleofGlitter wore it in a boohoo haul video and I thought it looked amazing on her! I think Louise is a dress size bigger than me, but I've always looked on her as a bit of a style inspiration. At the time I was trying to figure out what to wear for my graduation, and she looked so fantastic and stylish in it that I thought I would give it a go! I find wearing it really funny because I feel very sophisticated right up until the second when I have to undo poppers in order to have a wee. It's actually probably one of my favourite items in my wardrobe. Ever since I actually got correctly measured I have loved my boobs and I think the leotard really shows them off and it makes me feel extremely positive about my body and curves.

The skirt is actually new today! It's my brother's birthday this weekend and I bought him a top from ASOS and I couldn't resist throwing in this skirt for myself. It was only £10 in the sale so if you're quick you might be able to get it! I think I would prefer it if it was a teensy bit longer but other than that I really like it. I think the colours are quite nice and autumnal and I like the way it sits. Something I don't think the picture makes clear is that I actually made an effort with my face today and did a sort of autumnal smoky eye type thing. Maybe next time I'll take a better picture of my face to show it off. 


At this point you might be questioning why on earth I am wearing heels around the house. I feel like I should explain that this isn't something I do all the time because I'm not one of those immensely skilled people that is able to live a full and productive life whilst constantly wearing heels. The truth is that I'm a bit rubbish at walking in heels. I'm quite clumsy anyway so making me walk on stilts really does not help things. But I love these shoes and even though I bought them two years ago, I think I've only ever worn them once. Which quite frankly is an utter travesty because they are gorgeous. So I decided that seeing as I spend a lot of time by myself in the house then I can start wearing them of a day and learn to actually walk in them! Which is so far proving to be a lot easier than I expected. God bless chunky heels. These are Red or Dead and I got them off Schuh's ebay for really cheap.

So yeah, that was my outfit of the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment