Thursday, 25 December 2014

Feeling Optimistic

Sometimes I worry slightly that this blog is just full of me being all self-analysey and mopey with the odd book review thrown in for good measure and I don't know whether that's the truth or if it's just me over thinking slightly! I've been feeling very introspective this month and because I've actually been blogging regularly a lot of it has got documented, so it's probably just that. But I'm feeling quite optimistic at the moment so I thought I would make sure I get that down as well!

I think it's pretty natural to get a bit introspective at this time; the year is coming to an end so everyone ends up looking back at what's happened and evaluating it. I feel like this has definitely been a bit of a weird year but I'd say that I'm happy with how it's ending. 

This has definitely been my nicest Christmas in a long time! I'd been feeling decidedly un-Christmassy up until today but I managed to capture some festive cheer today which was nice. Christmas used to be a big family event, we'd do presents in the morning then a big roast meal, then head over to see loads of relatives in the evening, and in comparison to that this year has been soooo quiet. Even with my parents separating we still all used to meet up on Christmas day, whereas this year has just been me and mum bumming around the house all day, which to be honest has been delightful. So many Christmas days have ended up being really stressed and difficult, whereas this year has just been nice. We've eaten lots of food and watched lots of stuff and laughed lots and I'm just feeling pretty grateful to be honest! I had a lovely early celebration at my dad's on Monday and then tomorrow my brother and his girlfriend are coming over for a meal, so I still get to celebrate with my lovely ones, just in a way that works best for us. I didn't know if I was going to feel sad not having my whole family together on Christmas day but actually I'm really happy that we've figured out how to do Christmas in a way that works for us. 

I'm just feeling pretty positive about everything at the moment, and I'm genuinely quite excited to see what 2015 is going to bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment