Sunday, 28 December 2014

Kindle Book Binge

Amazon are doing a 12 Days of Christmas kindle book sale at the moment which if you haven't seen you should really check out because SO MANY BOOKS FOR SO LITTLE MONEYS.

I am eternally having to stop myself from buying new books seeing as I have so many unread ones already, but I thought seeing as it's Christmas and they're cheap I would treat myself to a few. So I did! 

Here's what I bought:






Most exciting!

I remember spotting The Shock of the Fall in Waterstones a while ago because the cover really caught my eye and the blurb sounded really interesting but for some reason I didn't buy it. Maybe I'm secretly psychic and knew I'd be able to get it for cheap now. I don't really know much about it but I've heard good things so I'm optimistic!

I got very excited when I saw The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao was in the sale because I've wanted to read it for absolutely ageeees. I read This Is How You Lose Her in January and that was really good, but I feel like I'm going to enjoy this one even more. 

I've started The Invisible Library and it's so much fun! It's described as "Doctor Who with librarian spies" so I think I was already sold before I started it, but it's been really enjoyable so far. It's packed with really interesting ideas but is also quite humorous so I'm really intrigued to see where it goes!

I went for The Palace of Curiosities mostly because it's described as being good for fans of Angela Carter. I've only read Carter's The Bloody Chamber but I really enjoyed that, and one of my friends' loves her work, so I thought this was worth giving a go! I tend to really enjoy magical realism so I'm feeling quite optimistic about this one.

In case the idea of 99p books wasn't tempting enough, if you buy books from the 12 Days of Christmas sale, then you also get a free book as well! You can choose from 6 (I think) which is why I got The State We're In. One of the options is Stardust, so if you haven't read that I'd recommend treating yourself to a 99p book anyway just so you can give that a go for free! I'm slightly hesitant about this book just because when I looked at it on goodreads the reviews were either loving it or absolutely hating it, so it will be interesting to see which side I end up taking! But I am never one to turn down a free book and this one just seemed the most appealing out of the options.

So those are my new acquisitions! I'm sure I shall review all of them once I've read them but I just thought I would bring your attention to a good deal really! Let me know if you guys make use of it and if you get anything good. Or if you've read any of these ones and have opinions! Hope you've all been having a good festive time and have received many many books to bring you joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment