Saturday, 24 January 2015

My True Love Gave To Me Review

Let's all pretend that I'm posting this much earlier in the month and that Christmas is still a recent memory and we're all still feeling festive. Yes it would probably have been a good idea if I'd bought this book whilst the world was still festive, but I didn't so here we are. If anyone is grumbling then let me distract you with how freaking adorable the book is and then you will swiftly understand exactly why I had to own it, lack of festive season be damned:


See how lovely it is! Plus the edge of all the pages are pink. IT'S SO PRETTY I HAD TO HAVE IT. Aside from how stupendously pretty it is, it's got stories from a bunch of authors that I've been wanting to read for ages so I thought this would be quite a good way of introducing myself to them! There are definitely a couple that I really want to go out and buy more of now, namely David Leviathan and Stephanie Perkins. Both of theirs were really good. I'm going to include my reaction pages below but as I currently have no idea where the scanner is I've had to resort to photographing them so I'm not sure how well that's going to work. Let's give it a go! I can always replace them with scans later.





So yeah, those were my thoughts! This was a really enjoyable read. There were lots of really adorable moments and I enjoyed seeing all the different approaches to the topic. We all are very aware of the fact that I love Rainbow Rowell's books so starting with her was a good way to get me to like this collection straight away. The Lady and the Fox wasn't bad but I wish there had been a bit more to it. I know it's probably supposed to be a bit mysterious but I found myself wanting a bit more of an explanation. I didn't not enjoy Krampuslauf but it was super weird! Probably the story that I was least fussed about was Star of Bethlehem because in comparison to the others I just feel like it fell short a little bit. It's A Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown, Your Temporary Santa, and What The Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth were definitely my top three though.

Overall this was a really good collection of short stories. I feel like I've discovered a couple of really great writers to explore as well which is always good!

No comments:

Post a Comment