Thursday, 1 January 2015

The Devil In Amber - Mark Gatiss

And now we have the first book of 2015! Although that is lying a little bit because technically I started reading this last week, but I finished it today and that's what counts! I've decided to set myself a reading challenge on Goodreads this year so this is the first book that counts towards that. I counted the number of books I'd marked as read in 2014 and I got 50-something, so I thought I would aim for 70 for this year. I read loads of books last year that I didn't put on Goodreads because it was all theory and course books and stuff, so I think 70 is probably a reasonable number. In all honesty, I have no idea! I'm just going to give it a shot and see!

As the book to start off this year, The Devil in Amber was cracking! It's the second Lucifer Box book and was just generally a lot of fun to read. I didn't make a very detailed note of my thoughts but here they are nonetheless:



Essentially, I just really enjoyed this. There were a whole bunch of moments that caused me to cackle out loud and it was just a great time from start to finish! I don't feel like I have an awful lot to say about it but that's mostly because it was just a fun read. Maybe I should have waited until I wasn't hungover and sleepy to try and write these but what can you do. These are the choices I have made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment