Saturday, 24 January 2015

The Perfume Collector - Kathleen Tessaro

I can honestly say that I was extremely pleasantly surprised by this book! I randomly chose it from my big box of books and I have to admit, I went in with slightly low expectations. I didn't think it was going to be bad, I just thought it was going to be slightly average. However, it was actually really enjoyable! The narrative follows two women, Eva who is living in the late 1920's and Grace who is living in the mid-1950's. In the 50's narrative, Eva has died and an inheritance to Grace, who has never even heard of her. Cue Grace travelling from London to Paris and embarking upon a mission to discover more about Eva's life. 

Whilst learning more about Eva's life Grace also learns about perfume, including three that were inspired by Eva. I found all of the focus on perfume really interesting and I like the way that Eva's story became intertwined with and told through her perfume. I found myself really wishing I could smell the perfumes and see what they were like! The shop sounded absolutely amazing and if it was real it would be such a cool place to visit.

I do have a very brief reaction page for this book:


I just really thoroughly enjoyed this book! I did guess a couple of the plot reveals, but then I think you're supposed to. Regardless, that didn't ruin my enjoyment of the book. It was just utterly lovely!



No comments:

Post a Comment