Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Things I Have Learnt Recently

It's been a week since I last posted and in that time I have moved house, read three books, unpacked 5000000000 boxes (maybe a slight exaggeration), visited the largest Tesco I have ever seen, and been very very cold. I won't lie, it feels like a lot more than a week has passed.

Here are some things that I have learnt in this time:

  • A cold Sophie is a grumpy Sophie. Seriously guys, living without heating in the middle of January is not fun. Last night I slept in my pj's, onesie, AND dressing gown plus three blankets. IT'S COLD. There's also a definite link between me being cold and me lacking self-worth.
  • I am far too reliant on the internet. FAAAAR too reliant. I've used up all the internet on my phone and we haven't got internet set up at the house yet. I will confess this last week hasn't been a great once for my self-confidence levels. I've always lived near my friends so moving away from them all and not having definite internet access has meant I've been feeling quite lonely and have been struggling to find my worth a bit. I'm still trying to work out a way to communicate to people that I feel a bit rubbish and need a bit of positive affirmation without it just coming across that I'm moaning and fishing for compliments. But I'm hoping that as I unpack and settle into the new house all of this insecurity will float away a bit!
  • There's a chance that I am secretly Nick Miller because not only do I pull a good turtle face, I also hate doors. I have met a lot of new doors recently and I don't understand how ANY OF THEM WORK.
  • There's a greater likelihood that I am actually Jessica Day. I got overwhelmingly excited the craft section in the gigantic Tesco.
  • My dad is eternally proving how fantastic he is. Most recently by letting me come over and have hot showers and wash my hair/clothes and steal his wifi. I told him that he is an angel, but a rocktacular one with black wings of course, to which he replied "you mean a bat". Yes I suppose I do. And if Ozzy ever tries to bite his head off he'll have to deal with me first. It's the least I can do in return!
  • I'm way too used to living somewhere where people can't see me through the windows. Not sure the new neighbours enjoy seeing me dance around whilst miming intensely along to cheesy 80's rock but it's something they're going to have to get used to.
  • I might have a scented candle addiction. The light in my room doesn't work so I have to buy all of the amazing air wick glowy candles. How else am I supposed to see?
All in all it's been an interesting week! It's simultaneously flown by and also lasted an eternity. Hopefully internet will be sorted soon, otherwise I shall probably pop up again on Monday when I'm at dad's again! Until then, hope everyone is well and good!

No comments:

Post a Comment